Tuesday, November 3, 2009

SEPTA Strike--Music Permits Suspended


Yes, as you may know, in the middle of the night SEPTA went on strike.  I was told the music permits would be suspended for the duration of the strike.  I also won't be playing next week at all, because I will be in Puerto Rico, taking in the music scene there, among other things.  So, it looks like I won't be back till the 16th of November, assuming the strike is over by then.
I was so up for today, too.  I wanted to sing my rendition of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame."  I figure, it's the least I can do to help the Phillies.
Stay tuned for updates about the strike.....
You'd think, music would be just the ticket to soothe the frayed nerves of people who have to wait in long lines for the regional rail trains.  I mean, I can think of several songs that would be really appropriate.  Like, "Charley on the MTA" or "The people on the bus go up and down, up and down, up and down..."  Well, on second thought......

No comments:

Post a Comment