Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Giving Thanks

There are many things I give thanks for.  Although the world is not a perfect place, I am grateful for so many things.  This week has showered me with many blessings.
For example, on Monday, I went into the P&C Restaurant to get my usual green tea with lemon and a bottle of water, before I started playing in Suburban Station.  Henry, the son of the owner who works behind the counter, greeted me with his usual smile.  He looked up at the clock and said, "You're late. It's one-thirty."  I cherished this moment.  Attention must be paid.
Also, my Chinese opera singer stopped by and asked me, "Are you going to be here tomorrow?"
Sweet.
Then there was the police woman who sat down at the cafe table near me.  I was singing the song "September Morning."  She looked at me and smiled, listening, as I sang the chorus, "We're all tied together, like lights on a tree, this flow of humanity, these people and me, the squirrels and the pigeons, the birds in the tree, we're all tied together, these creatures and me."  She nodded in approval.
Then my new friend Sumaki stopped by for tea and a conversation.  Then a coworker from my job at the museum appeared and listened for a while and then talked about August Sky and our albums.
I am grateful for my friends and family, for the love I feel.....
I wish for all my friends that you feel as blessed in this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment