Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring In Philadelphia

Last week I was singing in Rittenhouse Square.  It's been incredibly warm, like summer.  A young couple with a baby in a stroller came up to me and said, "Can you play Spring in Philadelphia for us?"  I did a double-take and said, "You mean, by August Sky?"  I couldn't believe what I was hearing.   They said, yes, and they explained that they had bought our album in a coffee shop and that they loved the song and even their baby knew it.  I was able to compose myself (I was jumping out of my skin for joy) and said, of course, I can sing it.  I proceeded to clear my throat and sing the song, which appears on August Sky's second album (give it a listen at www.cdbaby.com/augustsky2).  As I sang the song, the young couple joined in and sang along with me.
I have to admit, it pleased me to have this young couple showing so much support.
Then Ellie came along.  I mentioned her in a previous entry.  She must be 85, and she is a sweetheart.  She walked up to me, as I was singing, and said, I have a gift for you.  She presented me with one hundred business cards, which she had printed up for me, since I didn't already have business cards to hand out.  I was touched by her gesture of support.
She remained by my side, humming a soft harmony over the songs I was singing.
I am touched by this support.  This love.
I am blessed.

1 comment:

  1. and what a handsome young couple they were.

    ReplyDelete